FROM: Board of Selectman, Board of Health, Emergency Management
DATE: March 29, 2020
MEMO: Stress & Anxiety
There are so many things that could be said and most of which most are repetitive. But first, the Board of Health would like to thank the residents of Blandford for their continued support during this challenging time. Each day we hear so many stories about the Covoid-19 outbreak, that it becomes overwhelming. Coping with the stress and anxiety during this time will make you and the people you care about and your community stronger. Remember, we all respond to stress situations differently, including elderly, teens and children. Take frequent breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Take deep breaths, stretch or meditate, eat healthy, exercise. Share accurate information and remember Covid-19 can make anyone sick regardless of their race or ethnicity. Remember, take time and talk with your child or teen about the Covid-19 outbreak. Share with them how you deal with your own stress so they can learn how to cope from you.
Here comes our repetitive but so very important and can’t say it enough:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Seek medical advice if you develop symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath AND
- Have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or live in or have recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room. Tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
Please keep you, your family and neighbors safe. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to you and will keep your information confidential.