Porter Memorial Library Director Nicole Daviau, who is also an assistant librarian for Gateway Regional High School, is bringing together Gateway students, the school library and community libraries in the six district towns in a unique collaboration.
Daviau explained that there are public libraries in each of the Gateway towns of Blandford, Chester, Huntington, Middlefield, Montgomery and Russell. “All have unique collections and spaces, but not all are (currently) open to the public.”
Nicole was also recently chosen as one of six ALA Outreach Consultants. Read the full article in the Country Journal here →
Porter Memorial Library will be CLOSED today, Monday, December 30th, due to icy conditions.
LIBRARY TECHNICIAN, PORTER MEMORIAL LIBRARY
The Library Tech is responsible for providing general library services to the public in a courteous manner and in accordance with Library policies and procedures; and all other duties as required.
LIBRARY PAGE, PORTER MEMORIAL LIBRARY
The Library Page is responsible for shelving and shelf maintenance as well as interacting with the public in a courteous manner and in accordance with Library policies and procedures; and all other duties as required.
Children and teens who register for a statewide Summer Library Program are eligible to win prizes from the Boston Bruins! Sign up for the program online at ReadsinMA.org, or by visiting the Porter Memorial Library. For more information about Summer Library Programs, please visit mass.gov/libraries.
PRIZES will be awarded in three age groups:
Children 5-7, Children 8-11, Children 12 and older
• 5 winners in each age group will receive a signed Brad Marchand puck
• 3 winners in each age group will receive a team-signed jersey
GRAND PRIZE winners in each age group will receive the following:
• Ages 5-7: The opportunity to high-five members of the Boston Bruins as they get ready to take the ice during a Bruins home game
• Ages 7-11: The chance to sit on the bench during pre-game warm-ups of a Bruins home game
• Ages 12 and up: A ride on the Zamboni during the intermission of a Bruins home game