Contact the COA
Margit Mikuski: Director, Judy MacKinnon: Co-Chair (2018-2021), Linda Barnard: Secretary (2017-2020), Barbara Langmore (2018-2021), Mary Mangini (2019-2022), Heidi Taberman (2018-2021) and Pat Daviau (2018-2021)
(413) 848-4279, ext. 400
Follow the Blandford COA on Facebook
Board meetings are on the 3rd Monday of the month (unless noted differently) at 3:30pm in the COA room. If the third Monday falls on a holiday, then the meeting will be held on the third Tuesday at 3:30pm.
- Balance, Strength and Flexibility Class: Mondays at 9:30am in the town hall gym. $5 per class.
- Taylor’s Literary Group/Creative Writing Class: Second and fourth Wednesdays of the month from 2-4pm. FREE
- Tai Chi: Saturday mornings at 8:30am in the town hall gym, September through May; See Community Calendar for dates. $5 per class.
- Open House: First Friday of the month from 1-3pm. Come in to learn a new game, socialize, and/or knit. Bring a snack and we’ll provide the beverages.
- Social Hour with Light Lunch: Second Friday of the month at 12pm. $5 per person.
- COA Monthly Movie: Third Friday of the month at 1:30pm. Free popcorn and beverages. Brown bag delivery 11-11:30am.
- COA Monthly Breakfast: Fourth Friday of the month at 10am. $5 per person.
All events take place at Town Hall unless otherwise noted.
- The Southern Hilltown COA Consortium: Meetings are held on the third Friday of the month at 2:00pm at 3 Maple Street in Chester. The outreach person covering the Hilltowns is Sue Kucharski, a trained and certified SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone) counselor. She can be reached at the Consortium office at (413) 354-6540. Please contact her to schedule an appointment to discuss your eligibility for benefit programs that can help with insurance, as well as other things.
- Brown Bag Program: Available for income eligible Seniors. Call Blandford’s COA at (413) 848-4279, ext. 400 for more information. Applications are available outside the COA. Brown Bags can be picked up on the third Friday of each month between 11-11:30am.
- Fuel Assistance: For information about fuel assistance contact Hilltown Social Services at (413) 667-2203, or pick up an application at the Senior Center.
- Need a Ride? The FRTA Van provides transportation to medical appointments, to shopping and picking up groceries to those 60 and over. Contact George Webb, FRTA driver, at (413) 667-3428, or pick up an application at the Senior Center.
- HCAA Hilltown Plus Program, HCAA’s community outreach program: Baseline Health Folders – Regular Blood Pressure Checks at home – Baseline EKG’s. Call Angela Mulkerin at (413) 875-5781 or email her at email@example.com for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- Veteran’s Affairs Agent: Contact Joe Henning at (413) 427-3054 to ask about your Veteran’s benefits, medical, and financial questions. You can also go to MassVetsAdvisor.org for One-Stop-Shop for all your benefits.
Online Resources for Seniors